Will web development be automated, obsolete, and replaced by AI, or is it dying?
This article will answer the most critical question for most people in technology: Will web development be automated, obsolete, and replaced by AI, or is it dying? What is the scope and future of that field?
Nowadays, you don’t even need to know how to create a website. Artificial intelligence can build a website based on your specifications and inputs. Automation can do all the heavy lifting, leaving you with instructions.
Before determining whether website design will become automated and obsolete, we should understand what this career path entails.
Web development involves creating and managing websites on both the front and back end. They can include creating a static page of plain text to create complex applications, electronic businesses, and social network services.
Can automate web development?
Many platforms, including Shopify, Wix, WordPress, Bubble, Weebly, Squarespace, Zyro, and others have automated some portions of web building. In addition, some aspects of website design are repetitive and familiar to nearly every web application; you can automate these tasks.
Automation of some jobs is not For example, it cannot automate web development in its entirety. Although these platforms can help you create a fully functional website in just minutes without writing any code, there are some limitations to what you can make.
Others believe that Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are the ultimate solutions to web development automation. However, Artificial Intelligence still needs to understand humans and their needs.
Now comes the tricky part. Will this mode of transportation be automated and replaced by artificial intelligence, making it obsolete?
- Artificial intelligence must completely replace and automate web development and become obsolete.
- Before we can realize why web development cannot be substituted, we must first understand.
- People started questioning whether web development was going to die.
- Due to the rise of many new emerging tools, software, and website builders that help you create a website as quickly as possible using drag and drop features such as Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, Tumblr, Shopify, strikingly, and elementor
- And the concern of web developers is also logical and reasonable because these software and tools can instantly assist users in creating websites within a few minutes to a few hours.
- These tools allow you to create websites without coding or technical knowledge.
Is web development dying?
Web development is not dying; in fact, it is thriving. Some programming languages, frameworks, and tools used in website design are declining, but they continue to grow and thrive.
In the United States alone, there were reportedly 178,900 Web Developers in 2020, and by 2030, that number is projected to increase to 205,000, according to Statista.
Over the next ten years, there should be 17,900 new job openings for web developers on average.
These statistics show that Web Design & development are still alive. On the contrary, it is steadily increasing year after year. Web developers and other types of developers are in such high demand that some companies pay to interview them. But unfortunately, an excellent opportunity to become a web developer has yet to be available.
Some of the technologies, frameworks and programming languages used in website design and development are slowly dying and falling off, but web development continues to grow.
Therefore, web development is not going away and will continue to be a significant driving force for the internet for many years.
Even with many of these tools, web development cannot be completely and automatically supplanted because:
- The web developer can help you create a unique, custom-made website, and it’s different from your competitor’s websites because 75% of consumers admit to judging a company’s credibility based on the website design.
- Even though there are many website builders, people still want to hire developers and web designers to spend their time on their work and business rather than learning and creating a website, which could be a better use of time for business owners.
- Because of this, you can find more than 11000 open jobs to apply for on the com website, and according to the BLS, employment of digital designers and web developers is to grow 13% from 2020 to 2030.
- In particular, website design and development require creativity, problem-solving abilities, and design skills, mainly if you are a front-end developer.
- Web designer, It is necessary to comprehend the design, user psychology, and objectives of the company building the website. However, if you enjoy a creative challenge, web development can and will provide it.
- As a result, even artificial intelligence cannot wholly replace humans because web development necessitates creativity, emotional intelligence, and problem-solving abilities.
All of these factors ensure that a job in web development will continue to grow and prosper and won’t become obsolete or extinct.
Please share your thoughts on website design and development as a career option in the comments below and whether you believe it will die in the future.
The creation and deployment of new technologies and frameworks that are appropriate for contemporary development and demands continue apace, even though some tools, programming languages, and technologies may eventually become obsolete.