What is Impetigo? What are the home remedies for impetigo?
Impetigo is a transmissible skin infection that will cause scars. We might take infections occasionally, but it’s extremely horrible when the infection leaves its signal on your face.
Impetigo can also be seen on the limb, neck, and legs. Anyone can be infected by impetigo and there are two kinds of bacteria (staphylococcus aureus and streptococcus pyogenes) that creep into as well as a crash in the skin. These breaks have many types such as an insect bite, skin damage, or another skin form like eczema.
Ecythma, bullous and contagiosa are also impetigo. This infection is not grave but it can last at least two weeks since you see the symptom.
If there are symptoms of this illness, you should try these above home remedies as early as you can to increase a speed of curative time.
Symptoms Of Impetigo
The symptom of impetigo depends on which type do you have, so it has diverse forms. Some of them are like below:
Slight red sores that leave a yellowish outer layer when popped
- Vesicle filled with liquid
- Painful, having an itch
- Distended lymph node
Causes Of Impetigo
Infection can happen in some of the below situations:
- Getting in touch directly skin by skin with a person that has been infected with impetigo
- Having direct contact with an item that an impetigo patient has touched such as towels, sheets, and toys.
- Animal and insect bites
- Wound to the skin
Home Remedies For Impetigo
You can treat this kind of illness easily at your house with simple remedies but It depends on how bad your impetigo is.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil help end the growth of bacteria dead in its way. Tea tree essential oil has ingredients such as anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial, which aid to treat the infection as well as reduce pain due to inflammation.
Preparing: Mix a couple drops with one soup spoon of olive oil. Then apply this mixture directly to the infected area and let sit for 30 minutes. Once the 30 minutes are up, after that clean it with warm water with lukewarm water
2. Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is another natural home remedy for impetigo which has healing antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Manuka honey will come to the aid of prevention infection treatment. Do this a few times each day until you do away with the infection totally.
This remedy is also good to speed up the healing time of your sores and ensure the infection does not regain. Do apply some of the honey directly on the infection and leave it on for a few hours. , using warm water to clean your
3. Grapefruit Seed Extract
A grapefruit seed extract has antioxidants that cleanse the infected area of the skin. So it is an extremely effective treatment for impetigo.
- Mix a couple of drops of this extract with two tablespoons of water.
- Douse a cotton ball into the liquid mixture and rub the cotton ball directly onto the affected area of the skin.
- Do this at least two times a day to treat your impetigo. If you feel itching, do not be scared; it will relent and your impetigo will clear up soon.
Related Article: https://betacompression.com/how-the-retina-helps-us-to-see/
4. Hot Compress
Applying hot compression will kill the bacteria that cause infection while drying up the boils associated with impetigo.
- Douse a washcloth in hot water and then twist out but let a little moisture.
- Put it directly on the infected area and leave it on for a couple of minutes.
- You can use this treatment several times every day until the infection clears up.
Garlic is good for impetigo treatment to thank its natural antibiotic qualities. It comes to the aid of cleaning the bacteria which occur the infection. Thus, it advances the immune system and boots rehabilitate quickly.
- Mash three or four cloves of raw garlic until it makes a paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the infection area and leave for at least ten minutes. After that time, rinse off with warm water. Do that rotation 2 or 3 times a day until the infection clears up.
6. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an outstanding method for impetigo treatment. It’s compounded including anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aid to treat infection and deter it from expansion.
Mix apple cider vinegar with warm water with 1-2 proportions. Apply this mixture to the infection area by using a cotton towel for 15 minutes, after that clean it with warm water. Do like that at least 2 times each day until get rid of the infection.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a nice friend to the skin that counteracts any infection that comes its way. Aloe vera is an exceptional home remedy for impetigo because it contains antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
This natural treatment contains antioxidants, which will aid your body to fight the infection. To take aloe vera to treat your impetigo, simply cut an aloe vera leaf and wring out the gel. Apply the gel directly onto the infected area and leave it on for 30 minutes. Do this at least two times every day for a week.